Home > About Us > School Rules and Regulations
School Rules and Regulations
1) Students' Attire
- All students are to wear the prescribed school uniform and no modification to the uniform is allowed.
- All students are to wear white shoes and white socks to school. Socks must be above the ankles. Ankle socks are not permitted.
- P1 and P2 students are allowed to attend school in PE attire on days when they have their PE lessons.
- P3 to P6 girls must wear the school skirts/skorts before and after their PE lessons.
- All students are to be in their respective CCA uniform/attire every Monday for CCA. They are to change into their PE attire/school uniform after their CCA.
- Spectacle frames should be of plain design.
- The red GMS(P) T-shirt will only be worn during special school events such as National Day and Chinese New Year celebrations. All students will be informed when they are required to come in the red T-shirt.
2) Hair and Appearance
- Students are to be neatly groomed at all times.
- All students are not allowed to wear make-up or accessories to school.
- Students are not allowed to dye their hair or paint their nails.
- Hair should be neat at all times and hair fringe should not touch the eyebrows. Inappropriate and flashy hairstyles are not allowed.
- All boys must be clean shaven and should not wear sideburns, beards or moustache.
- Boys' hair must not touch the ears, eyebrows and the shirt collar.
- Girls with hair touching the collar should have their hair tied up neatly at all times. Simple hair clips or ribbons in dark blue or black may be used.
- Students are not allowed to tattoo their bodies.
- Students are not allowed to pierce any part of their bodies, except for girls who may pierce their ears and wear only a single ear stud on each ear.
3) Attendance and Decorum
- All students are to be present for school unless they are unwell / sick. Absentees must present a valid medical certificate or letter of explanation to their form teacher.
- Attendance at the Pledge Taking and Flag Raising Ceremony is compulsory for all students.
- Students who are Singapore Citizens must sing the National Anthem and take the pledge. Students will take the pledge with the right fist placed over the heart.
- Students must be punctual for school and all school activities.
- All students are to behave and abide by the school and class rules. Their behaviour and attitude must reflect the school's core values.
- School work is to be handed in on time.
- After arrival in school, no student is allowed to leave the school compound without the permission of his / her class teacher / Principal.
- In the event that a student needs to leave the school earlier due to illness or urgent personal matters, only his / her parent / guardian, caregiver or an adult who is related can fetch the student from school. Students are required to obtain permission to leave school before official school dismissal time. Parents are required to sign out their children from the General Office before leaving the school.
4) Personal Responsibility
- Students must be responsible for their personal belongings at all times.
- Students must be punctual for school and all activities.
5) Arrival in School
- For safety reasons, students should proceed to the School Hall for Silent Reading from 7.05 a.m. onwards if they are already in school. All students must be in school by 7.30 a.m. Any student entering the Hall after the National Anthem and Pledge will be considered late.
6) Learning Journeys and Activities Conducted Outside School
- For Learning Journeys and any other activities that are conducted outside the school premises, teachers-in-charge will issue consent forms. These consent forms must be signed by a parent / guardian and returned to the teacher-in-charge by the deadline stipulated. If a student fails to submit a signed consent form prior to the activity, the student will not be allowed to participate in the activity. Verbal consent will not be accepted.
- All students must be in their uniform shirts / blouses or PE shirts and school shorts o skirts / skorts when they are out on Learning Journeys. Track pants are not allowed unless informed by the teachers-in-charge for specific reasons.
7) Vacation Leave
- Curriculum time is important. Students are not allowed to take leave during term time to go on holiday. Parents are advised to plan vacation leave to coincide with school vacations. In addition, parents must declare their children's travel plans to the school should the school request for the information.
8) Movement in School
- All students should move in a quiet and orderly manner at all times. They are to move according to their class in a single file / in twos and always keep to their left.
9) Recess Times
- Food should be consumed ONLY in the canteen. No playing and shouting is allowed in and around classrooms. All students are to be at the designated assembly areas five minutes before the end of their recess.
10) Prohibited Items
- Items that interfere with students' learning should not be brought to school, including the following:
- Smart devices and electronic gadgets such as smart watches and MP3 players
- Cards such as playing cards and trading cards
- Toys such as toy guns and models
- Others such as chewing gum and cigarettes
- Any of the above items found will be confiscated and parents will be informed.
- All students are not allowed to have in their possession any weapon. They are also not allowed to bring any weapon-like item which is used or intended to be used to cause harm to others.
11) Use of Mobile Phones in School
- Students are not encouraged to bring their mobile phones to school. However, we do understand that there may be certain circumstances where some parents will need to communicate with their children through their phones.
- Students are only allowed to use their mobile phones at two designated times: before morning assembly and after school. At all other times, mobile phones must be switched off. Permission must be sought from a teacher if students need to use the phones urgently outside the allocated time slots.
- Students are to use their mobile phones only at the Foyer (outside the General Office).
- Students are to use their mobile phones for communication purposes only and not for other activities like taking pictures, listening to music and playing games.
- Students are responsible for their own mobile phones. The school reserves the right NOT to conduct any investigations to recover any lost mobile phones.
- Students who abuse the use of their mobile phones will have their phones confiscated by any teacher or member of the school staff. Confiscated phones will only be released to parents / guardians who come personally to the school's General Office to claim them.
12) Unacceptable Acts and Behaviour
- Serious disciplinary action will be taken against students who commit acts that are dangerous and affect the well-being of other students and staff.
- Smoking, drug abuse and gambling of any form
- Vandalism & Arson
- Theft & Shoplifting
- Abuse of technology
- Fighting, Assault & Bullying (Physical, Verbal, Cyber)
- Extortion & Gangsterism
- Rudeness, Disrespect and Open Defiance
- Outrage of modesty
- Practical jokes and other acts of carelessness
We care for our students and staff and believe that every child can learn and achieve in a conducive environment. In our efforts to achieve our vision and mission, we hope to seek parents' / guardians' cooperation and support.